Monday, May 09, 2005

Cool Stuff Happens All The Time

You never know where or when it might happen, but every so often, some little event will happen to you when you least expect it that either right then, or later on, you just think, "man, that was cool.". While I was at one of my favorite hang-outs a few days ago, I saw someone that I thought I recognized but really couldn't put my finger on where I knew him from. We struck up a conversation, and then it hit me. This guy is the lead singer for a band that I absolutely love. Several years ago, this was a hugely popular band, and I had seen them several times when they came to my area. And for about an hour or so, I sat there with Dave Lowery, of the band Cracker, sharing a lot of stories and ideas on a variety of topics, over a drink. Dave is incredibly down to earth and a real pleasure to talk with. And it just made my whole night... well... cool.

No comments: