Monday, November 29, 2004

"Blow" is just an expression

**Fair Warning, this post contains adult content**

A couple of weeks ago, I was having adult beverages with a friend while talking about life, the universe and everything. Not literally the book this link points to, but you get the idea. During this conversation, an interesting question was posed that somehow got my mind spinning off into new directions. The question was simple, on face value, but when I started considering it further, it got me wondering, what do others think about this.

What was the question, you may be wondering. Quite simply, the question is, "What makes a good blowjob?"

Now, personally, I know the answer to this for myself without even having to think about it. And I answered promptly. I think I may have even taken my companion by surprise when I answered so quickly, but even more surprised when I was able to explain exactly what I meant by it in greater detail, and all the reasons why I felt this quality was the number one deciding factor in what makes the experience of fellatio either good, or just okay.

But before I get into that, I started wondering what others answer to this question might be. So for the past couple of weeks, I have been asking pretty much everyone I know this same question, both male and female. The results have been quite surprising. Now, I didn't take notes or perform this research using standard scientific method. I just asked the question, listened to the answers, and made mental notes about it.

What surprised me the most about this is the difference between the answers men and women gave. The vast, and I mean the VAST majority of men all had pretty much the same answer. Of the 15-20 men I asked, all but three answered the exact same thing. The women's answers were all over the place.

Now, I fully understand most women not really knowing what men want in this. For the simple reason that they've never asked, out of embarrassment, shyness, whatever. I just happen to not care whether I embarrass anyone or make someone feel uncomfortable. Most people who know me know that I will pretty much talk about whatever is on my mind. If it makes you uncomfortable, I feel you are the one who is sexually repressed. Deal with it. By that same token, most men don't know what women really want either, for the same reason.

So what was the overwhelming answer most men gave? Very simple. One word.

Enthusiasm.

That's it, ladies. All you really have to do to make your blowjobs enjoyable for your man, is just make us believe you LOVE doing it. Whether you do or not. As Chris Rock says, "suck it like the antidote is in it. Try to get Robitussin out of it." Put your heart and soul into that act, and we will beg you for more.

The other three answers I got from men were no teeth, don't spit, and play with the jewels. And in all three of those cases, upon further discussion, those three agreed that enthusiasm was more important.

Honestly, I asked women the same question just to see if they were on the same page. Most were not. And I didn't really keep a record of their answers, because when it comes down to it, women's answers to this question isn't important, since they don't have cocks. At least, I hope they don't, because otherwise that will make for a really bad night. I have no interest in finding myself in my own personal Crying Game.

And yes, my answer to this question was in the majority of other men. I don't ask for that much from whomever I happen to be with. Just show me the same enthusiasm for my pleasure as I show for yours. For me, part of my overall sexual enjoyment comes from doing everything I can to satisfy my partner. That makes the whole experience better for me. If I know my partner is ... well... let's just say that it gets me off to know you're getting off. Your pleasure is mine as well.

But what I really want to convey in all of this is that if you really want to know what your partner wants sexually, just ask. We are in the 21st century people. There is no reason to be apprehensive about this, especially if you care at all for the person you are with. And if they absolutely refuse to tell you, then just make them believe that whatever you are doing, you love doing it for them. That goes for men and women. That alone will probably overcome any failings in technique you may have.

~out
***EDIT: Please feel free to add your comments to this post. I would be very interested if you have a different viewpoint.

No comments: