Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Amazing!

On my way home from work tonight, I stopped by the pharmacy to pick up some maintenance meds I take. While I waited on them to get my order together, I stuck my arm in one of those blood pressure checking machines. My BP has always ran towards the high side, not actually classified as high blood pressure, but borderline high. So I wanted to see if there was any change in the thing since stopping smoking 5 days ago. And I really didn't expect there to be much of a change this soon.

Much to my surprise, it was actually lower! Still not in the normal range, but VERY DAMN CLOSE! Normal BP is 120/80 or lower, and I hit 121/85. Hey, I know that may not be exciting to any of you, but I'm used to seeing it hovering around 135/88. For me, this is FANTASTIC news and I'm really happy with this!

Take pride in the small victories of life!

~peace

No comments: