Monday, October 17, 2005

And on the Third Day...

So I'm on my third smoke-free day. The cravings still come, but I don't think they are coming as frequently. The bad moods come, but they pass too. I did get a bit snarky today with a fellow DJ in the chatroom. I apologized later for my rudeness, and I knew I shouldn't have said what I did right after I typed it. I left the room after that because I knew that the lashing out wouldn't stop until the smoking urge had passed. So I took a long hot shower and got myself ready for work.

I tell ya, when that mean streak hits, there is really not much you can do about it other than ride it out. And then beg forgiveness later.

I found a pretty neat web site today to help people quit smoking. It keeps a running total of cost/life savings, as well as a lot of tips to help you quit and stay quit. It's the Stop Smoking Center and has tons of good information. Here is a snapshot of my current "savings".


My Quit Date: 10/14/2005
Smoke-Free Days: 3
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 118
Amount Saved: $13.5
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 14 Mins: 4 Seconds: 12


Anyway, I've got another 3 hours of my job ahead of me. I've found the time at my job is some of my hardest times, because so many of my friends smoke here. I have decided that as much as I can, I will still take breaks with them. I just feel like I would be denying myself of something pleasurable by not taking those breaks. I will just take my Eclipse gum or lollipops with me instead. I've also found one of those squishy stress balls in my desk. That helps occupy my hands too.

I WILL GET THROUGH THIS!

~out

No comments: