Thursday, October 20, 2005

Breaking The Habit

Memories consume
Like opening the wound
I'’m picking me apart again
You all assume
I'm safe here in my room
(unless I try to start again)

I don'’t want to be the one
The battles always choose
'‘Cause inside I realize
That I'’m the one confused

I don'’t know what'’s worth fighting for
Or why I have to scream
I don'’t know why I instigate
And say what I don'’t mean
I don't know how I got this way
I know it's not alright
So I'm
Breaking the habit
Tonight

Clutching my cure
I tightly lock the door
I try to catch my breath again
I hurt much more
Than anytime before
I had no options left again

I'll paint it on the walls
'Cause I'm the one at fault
I'’ll never fight again
And this is how it ends

I don't know what'’s worth fighting for
Or why I have to scream
But now I have some clarity
To show you what I mean
I don't know how I got this
I'’ll never be alright
So I'm
Breaking the habit
Breaking the habit
Tonight
-
Breaking The Habit by Linkin Park

We all have addictions. Things like smoking are easy to talk about. It's pretty easy for me to find a multitude of people who want to encourage me, support me, and do what they can to help during my time of breaking the habit. But this isn't always the case for other addictions we may have in our lives.

I know a lot of my close friends are going through things that are just as hard, if not harder, than trying to quit smoking. And very few people know about these "addictions". Only your very close friends and confidants will ever know you are having a hard time dealing with an issue, overcoming an addiction, breaking a habit.

For those of you who have helped me through this time of change thus far, I truly thank you for your support. For those of you who have been there supporting me, and at the same time, allowing me to know some heavy stuff going on in your life, I hope I am giving you some support too. Some of you are really having a hard time dealing with your "stuff", and I want you to know that I do support you in your time of change too. These are hard times, and sometimes it feels like it's all too much, that there is no end in sight. But there is. And every day, every minute that you can stay away from those things that have you trapped, those bad thoughts, those past unhealthy behaviors, will build your self esteem and make you stronger and more able to be that awesome person that you truly are.

Friends, thank you for helping me with my struggle. Know that I am there for you too. Even if it's just to bust your balls on what you're doing and make you laugh about it. Kinda like gloating in the fact you're having a long drag on your Marlboro...jeh, jeh, jeh.

~peace

No comments: